SEO Monthly Maintenance Keeps the Momentum Going
Our goal is to get your business found online so you can spend time doing what you love. However, there are some “housekeeping chores” you will have to complete before we can begin to solve your digital problems. So, bear with us as we describe it for you. We try to make this as painless for you as possible. First, understand our SEO workflow and skim over our organic SEO Services FAQ. Next, make sure you have had a basic site review and a full SEO services implementation.
Last, talk to us about what problems you would like us to solve with your SEO retainer. Because the value to you of SEO is greater visibility online, maintenance is crucial. When people can find you, they can read your posts, buy your products, and contract your services. Therefore, your financial and time investment in search engine optimization will be returned to you 100%. SEO offers higher visibility online and this generally leads to increased sales. So let us handle the technical and backend management and maintenance work so you can focus on your core business!
SEO Monthly Maintenance Table of Contents
- Why do you need SEO monthly maintenance?
- What are your custom SEO maintenance services?
- How much does SEO monthly maintenance cost?
- What are your SEO monthly maintenance standard packages?
Why do you need SEO monthly maintenance?
First of all, whether or not you need monthly maintenance depends on your own technical skills, the available resources, the type of website you have, and your online goals. You want some type of SEO retainer because every website needs some maintenance each month. A few common tasks are simply monitoring the traffic and making sure software platform and plugin updates do not mess up your site.
Furthermore, it is a bit like having a 2nd home, where you hire a property manager to make sure no one has broken into your house. This manager ensures the house is maintained. Therefore, websites are no different from the physical world, nor is your off-site presence. “Someone” needs to maintain your online world, even if it is simply looking at things a few times a month.
In conclusion, if you don’t have the time or the technical expertise or even the desire to maintain your SEO work, you need to hire someone to do it for you. Therefore, we offer monthly retainers that provide everything from bare-bones site monitoring to on-page and off-page campaign goal setting and implementation. (Yes, that is the marketing part of SEO.)
What are your custom SEO maintenance services?
We provide the following monthly SEO services to professional services firms and creatives. In addition, we will design a retainer package that fits your unique needs.
Note: a “mini search engine” means sites such as: etsy.com, porch.com, yelp.com, tripadvisor.com, etc.
1. SEO Strategy, Coaching or Teaching
- SEO coaching and teaching for blogging
- Technical advice on website
- On-site SEO advising and strategy
- Off-site SEO advising and strategy
- Social media target demographic advising
- Mini search engine target demographic advising
- Content strategy
- SEO Training
- Ongoing link-building strategies and methods
2. Analytics and Research
- Keyword optimization and research
- Predictive keyword analysis
- Content analysis
- Monthly website analytics reporting to make sure monthly goals are met
- Regular review and analysis of analytics
- Analysis, not just reporting, of web analytics
- Monitor traffic for decreases early on and pinpoint cause (if possible)
- Monitor changes in SEO algorithms and apply as needed to site
- ID new market opportunities via new mini search engines, apps, etc.
- Conversion reporting
- Heat mapping and tree mapping, and other basic data visualizations
- Google/Bing Analytics setup
- Other Informatics work TBD
3. Off-site SEO
- Google+/Bing business profile setup/optimization
- Set up of social media
- Set up of mini search engine sites
- Other tasks TBD
4. On-site SEO
- Local search optimization
- Ongoing review of site content and structure
- Meta tags (title and description) optimization
- Alternate tags added to images
- Website optimization (broken links, load speed, et al.)
- Link redirect audit
- Link analysis
- Internal link restructuring
- Custom 404 error page set up
- Optimization of robots.txt
- Creation and registration of sitemap.xml with search engines
- Information architecture audit
- HTML and CSS code clean up
- Website usability and design analysis
- Web server analysis and reporting
- Content development, including revising based on monthly analytics review
- Content development, including revising based on identified new market opportunities
- Update website (technical) as needed based on monthly analytics review
- Google/Bing Analytics traffic analysis
5. Monthly maintenance is not:
- Keyword stuffing
- Buying and selling links
- Sending an analytics report without analysis
6. We do not offer….**
- Social media marketing (but we do advise and offer strategies)
- Blog post and newsletter writing and development
- Ongoing link-building activities (but we do advise and offer strategies)
- Google AdWords
** We can recommend some great people who do offer these services.
How much does SEO monthly maintenance cost?
First, we track and complete deliverables based upon pre-established goals and tasks. Next, we provide analytics and metrics with an individual analysis and context, not just a pre-printed template. Furthermore, our standard retainer prices start at $249/quarter for basic SEO service. Our monthly SEO retainer is $299 for full service. You may read the details in a chart in the next section.
Last, our average monthly custom maintenance package is ~$600 per month. Custom monthly maintenance packages are available. Please call us to determine your requirements and pricing. In conclusion, what you need depends on your goals and the available budget.
What are your SEO monthly maintenance standard packages?
Quarterly SEO Maintenance
Monthly SEO Maintenance
Please email us for a custom SEO maintenance estimate.
How do I learn more about monthly SEO maintenance services?
In addition, if you would like to learn more about search engine optimization, we have several short and concise blog posts that offer free SEO help. If you would like more information about our SEO monthly maintenance, please contact us today. Finally, thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to speaking with you.